This could be a very looooooong list, but I’ll keep it short, and sweet and play absolutely no tricks on you whatsoever.
I’ve shortened down the list because there is a collection of main reasons that make people love books as they do, although these reasons can be different for everyone.
LETS A GOOOOO!
WE ARE ALL COLLECTORS (IT IS NOT HOARDING)
We are collectors of books because;
- We must collect all the adventures and absorb them into our brains… for future reference…. you never know. Bookworms may just save the future…. because we’ve read a lot of books that typically end with the world being saved….
- Our very own EXCLUSIVE, VIP, HIDDEN AWAY LIBRARIES (usually anybody who goes near the precious gets hissed at…. Viciously)
- We become phantom librarians for our own books. While others may become Witches and Wizards who walk around with books flying around them…..Let’s be real… that would be great.
- We can’t collect cookies…. or apple pie…. or any type of food…. it will start to smell bad
On the topic of smell…..
- Literally makes any and every room smell divine……you know it does…..
- Everybody like to sniff the book… we’ve all done it in a bookstore… just walk in and *DEEP SNIFF**sigh*
- Also, the smell doesn’t go away?!?!?!?!? Like, if you’ve had a book for 5000 years…. it will still smell like book…..either the books are alive, and smelling as any creature would, or they’re dead and their corpses are just decaying and making our rooms smell very niiiiiiice (no need for concern, we are all aware they are dead trees. Enchanted dead trees…..*gasp* that makes sense…..Right?), or IT IS WITCHCRAFT!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! WHERE BE THE WITCH?!??!?!?
They are quite fetching…
- Books are gorgeous. Just looking at a book, whether it’s a reading book or a note book…. just makes us feel all giddy inside.
- Look at the bookshelves…. Look at them…Not only are they absolutely jaw-dropping when they are a solo book…. when they group together…. it’s like a magical realm has been open.
- Also, who doesn’t instantly feel happy when they look at a bookshelf…..people who aren’t looking close enough, that’s who…
- Who doesn’t love getting lost in far away lands and murderous villages and why not some extremely corrupt kingdoms…. it’s completely safe folks …. I personally kind of like getting lost…. and exploring…. reading books just means that we get to experience these adventures from the safety of our own homes… No Violence, No Threat, No Death. Sounds Marvellous, right?
- Also, statistically speaking. We could go on more adventures in books than we could possibly ever go in real life… because let’s be real for a second. None of us are just going to stop reading. CONSTANT ADVENTURES WOOOO!
- We can make so many different friends in books, there are so many different types of friends to be had. The scary ones who save you lots. The sweet ones who give you snacks in the middle of intense battles. Don’t forget the squishy ones…. we love them the most. *cough* Will Herondale + Jem Carstairs *cough* *cough* so very squishy….
- We never feel alone. There are always new friends we can make, or we can revisit old friends through re-reading their books. We can be with them any time we please…. they’re not going to turn us away. They couldn’t even if they wanted to… they’re stuck with us being their friend.
- You never feel excluded from anything… They’re so kind and thoughtful of us ;~; *happy sobs*
- A lot less demanding than “real life” friends. They do take up your time and from time to time seek to crush your emotions… but that’s fine… we welcome that pain.
These are only the ideas I can think of right now…. but there are several more… infinitely billions more….. Do you guys have any other reasons as to why we love books so much??